PhotoSync 4.0 fully supports Android 13 and introduces more than 50 new features and improvements. Enhancements include a redesigned user interface with advanced filters and sorting options, extended Autotransfer schedule trigger functionality, as well as support for SMB 3 and PhotoPrism.
Here are some of the new features:
Redesigned User Interface
Completely revamped user interface, enhanced workflows and performance, powerful new settings, and advanced filters and sorting features for seamless selection and transfer of photos and videos.
Autotransfer Schedule Trigger
Added one-time and repeating schedules (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly) to the Autotransfer schedule trigger. It is also now possible to combine each trigger type with customized Wi-Fi settings.
SMB 3 Suppport
PhotoSync now supports the faster and more secure SMB 3 protocol. PhotoSync automatically identifies the SMB version of the server, optionally you can manually adjust the SMB version in Settings if desired. Additionally, SMB 3 encryption can be enabled for extra security.
Added PhotoPrism as a transfer target: You can now backup photos & videos to PhotoPrism, as well as view and download photos & videos stored on PhotoPrism. PhotoPrism
is a powerful, AI-based solution for organising and browsing your photo collection. You can privately host PhotoPrism on your own server, NAS or even a Raspberry Pi.
Managed App Configuration
You can now customize PhotoSync features and configure transfer targets using the built-in configurator in your Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution.
More New Features
- NEW Added advanced filters based on file type (RAW, JPEG, PNG, HEIC) and status (new, synced) for seamless selection and transfer of photos and videos. Access filters through the header row on the main interface or via the main menu.
- NEW Added sorting options based on date, name, size, kind, and added. Access sort by functionality through the header row on the main interface or via the main menu
- NEW Switch between grid and list view via the header row on the main interface or via the main menu.
- NEW Enhanced WebDAV support for more stable and secure transfers
- NEW Direct access to Settings and album information via bottom toolbar on main interface. Tap information to view available Free Space on device / external SD card.
- NEW Added main menu entry to switch between selection and view mode.
- NEW Improved privacy handling: Changed access to media files from direct file access to the Android Storage Access Framework.
- NEW Added “Recording date quarter” (%qR) variable for custom file names and sub-directories.
- NEW Added “Recording date millisecond” (%MSR) variable for custom file names and sub-directories.
- NEW Added “Recording date day – abbreviated” (%eeeR) variable for custom file names and sub-directories.
- NEW Added “Recording date day – full name” (%eeeeR) variable for custom file names and sub-directories.
- NEW Added “Transfer date quarter” (%qT) variable for custom file names and sub-directories.
- NEW Added “Transfer date millisecond” (%MST) variable for custom file names and sub-directories.
- NEW Added “Transfer date day – abbreviated” (%eeeT) variable for custom file names and sub-directories.
- NEW Added “Transfer date day – full name” (%eeeeT) variable for custom file names and sub-directories.
- NEW Added “Index + Name” option to File Names settings.
- NEW Option to enable / disable “Transfer Photos” in Transfer settings.
- NEW Option to enable / disable “Screenshots” transfers in Transfer settings.
- NEW Added HEIF/HEIC -> JPEG conversion in Transfer settings (supported devices only).
- NEW Option to enable / disable “WhatsApp” media transfers in Transfer settings.
- NEW Option to enable / disable “Location Data (GPS)” in Transfer settings.
- NEW Added option to enable / disable a display warning regarding skipped media files (e.g. WhatsApp, Screenshots).
- NEW Stream videos directly in remote services (e.g., Dropbox, Box…) – you no longer need to download complete video files first to play them! You can stream videos either in the embeded video player or via an external video player too.
- NEW Autotransfer now requests required Android permissions with an explanation during configuration.
- NEW Restructured “Delete After Transfer” options to: No, Photos + Videos, Photos only, Videos only. Android 11+: System delete dialog requests user confirmation every time you wish to delete photos.
- NEW “Folders” selection in Display Options settings now uses the Android file picker.
- NEW Theme selection now offers System Default in addition to Light and Dark.
- NEW Manage “Write permissions” in Expert settings to allow access to specific folders.
- NEW Restructured all logging options into one section in the Service & Support settings.
- NEW Edit Configure settings via bottom toolbar to turn on/off service visibility, plus reorder list of services.
- NEW Added direct editing of editable text fields in Settings.
- NEW Added “Edit” and “Delete” options to editable content in Settings – simply swipe content to the left.
- NEW Removed read only OTG support for FAT32 formatted media. Full OTG support will become available with the next major release of PhotoSync.
- NEW Removed Google Analytics for better privacy protection.
- Fixed: FTP connections no longer have annoying waiting time when initializing the connection.
- Fixed: Added support for ed25519 keys for SFTP connections.
- Fixed: SmugMug errors caused by changes in the SmugMug API.
- Fixed: Loss of Dropbox connection sessions caused by changes in the Dropbox session handling.