How do I transfer using FTP?
- Ensure PhotoSync is installed on your source device and that you have an internet connection. Attention: You need to know the Address and the account data for the FTP server to upload your pictures via FTP.
- Open the PhotoSync settings
- Open the Cloud Services
- Open the FTP settings if it isn't configured yet. And tap the "Configure FTP-Account" button.
- Enter the IP-Address of the FTP server, your username, your password, and the path to the folder that holds your photos on the FTP server. Server is either an IP address (you usually get from your FTP server provider) or a host name that will be resolved to a valid IP address. In this example, the FTP server is a Western Digital ShareSpace NAS with the network address "sharespace.local". The server address could also be something like 192.168.100.42 or steves-photos.myftp.org.
- After confirming the FTP settings by tapping "Done", PhotoSync checks if the entered data is valid and displays an error message otherwise. If the account data has been entered correctly you will see two transfer options for Wi-Fi transfer and Cellular transfer to your FTP server. By default, Wi-Fi transfer uses the full resolution photos and transfers videos while Cellular transfer resizes the photos and doesn't transfer videos. Change this according to your needs.
- Close the settings, open your camera roll, or an album of your choice, select the photos you want to transfer, and tap the red transfer button. In the destination window swipe to the page that contains FTP and select the FTP transfer.
- PhotoSync now transfers all your selected photos to the FTP location you entered previously.