You can create a Wi-Fi network between two or more devices without using a Wi-Fi router. These networks are often referred to as ad-hoc networks. All you need is a computer with Wi-Fi running Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- Click on Start > Control Panel. In the search box, type network, and then click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Set up a new connection or network.
- Click Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network, click Next, and then follow the steps in the wizard.
- After setting up the ad-hoc network your iOS devices can join the network you've created by selecting its name in the Wi-Fi section of the device settings
- After connecting your iOS device with the ad-hoc network give your computer some time to assign a valid internet address to your iOS device. This may take a few seconds.